Friday, May 15, 2009

books books books

I'm reading a lot of books for homework for my genre fiction editing class and I feel really lucky because I get to pick my own books (with some limitations of course). I'm almost finished with The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri and I'm really loving it. I also got to read Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks and The Purrfect Murder by Rita Mae Brown. I have two more novels to read before the end of May--When We Were Gods by Colin Falconer and Birds Without Wings byLouis deBernieres. I love school in the spring.

Highlights this week:
-Raimo and I have been reading. He had the day off today so he read for 6 hours straight!
-Learned an awesome cha cha routine (there have been many routines learned, but of all this was funnest)
-Raimo got an amazing paycheck yesterday for which we were extremely excited (hint: it was four digits)
-We went to ward temple night (we are now the ward temple coordinators)
-Ate at Kneaders. Twice
-Got to eat kabobs and see our family
-paid off my 60 DOLLAR CREDIT CARD BILL!
-watched Entrapment with Catherine Zeta Jones and liked it
-Raimo sang silly songs to me on the way to the RB each day (usually between the hours of 5 and 6:30 am). He doesn't know the words to any songs so he makes up his own lyrics--usually about me or about weird, random things. It's funny. More funny when you're as tired as we are at 6!

No comments: