Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Tradition

We have a tree!It has presents around it now though.

Raimo and I did one of our Christmas traditions last night--went ice skating at the Gallivan Center. The funny thing is, Raimo was the only one who skated. And he only got to circle the rink about 4 or 5 times. He looked great though, see?



We went to Hire's before, also part of the tradition. I got a rueben. OMG so good. Anyway, it took a long time to get our food. And we didn't realize the rink closes at 9 pm mid-week and we got there at 8:55. So... I was okay with that. Luckily Raimo has his own skates so I told him to pop em on for a few minutes. It still counts as following the tradition.

Then we went and looked at lights around Temple Square. They were beautiful. There were also a lot of blue lights on the trees in Salt Lake that were cool. I think lights on trees are my favorite, especially red ones.
Also here's an update from last weekend:





He likes to dance for me.
I told Raimo to keep watching the road and I would take a picture. But he decided to look at the camera, and I am watching the road. That doesn't make any sense.

Trip to Vegas with our friends Ryan and Ana Maria. Fun weekend
My new car

4 comments:

Janice said...

I love ice skating at the Gallivan Center. When I was a ward activity director, I rented out the whole rink for our ward Christmas party.

DAN AND MEL said...

You look so pretty in the salt lake pictures!!!

Raimo and Jessica Laitinen said...

That's a good idea, Janice! It would be really fun for a party or ward.
Mel, you have got to see my hair. Lowlights. Ah.

Risto said...

Ice skating is a blast. Looks like you had fun. Raimo your hair is long and greezy. That must have taken a bit of time to grow out.