Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"In Ohio seasons are theatrical."

~from Toni Morrison's Beloved


That's a good way to describe it. Seasons sure aren't very theatrical in California, but here in Utah we see a little more of nature's theatrics.


"Each one enters like a prima donna, convinced its performance is the reason the world has people in it.... summer had been hooted offstage and autumn with its bottles of blood and gold had everybody's attention."




Autumn is definitely SO bold and dramatic. In fact, on the first day of school, it was already overcast and slightly cooler, even though it was still August! I'm a little sad because I don't feel like we had a real summer--we skipped over beach days and a lot of other summer activities. But it's hard to be sad when it's a perfect 70 degrees outside. It's time to trade in the swimsuit for jeans and sweaters...

p.s. My new job at Macy's is going to be really great, I think. I am getting trained right now.

3 comments:

Jordan P said...

so jealous! sounds lovely and hope you guys are enjoying it! go on a hayride for me :)

Risto said...

So what exactly do you sell? Clothes or furniture? What department you in? I will have to come by next time I am out there.

Dan and Kristin said...

I underlined that quote too! I wish I could have made it to the Beloved book club :( I need to hear about your new job!!