Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Reviews



I watched A Month by the Lake yesterday--there is a ridiculous deal going on at Blockbuster right now where you basically get unlimited free movies till July 4. Check it out. So we have been watching tons of movies and this one was beautiful!!! It takes place at Lake Como in Italy. The scenery is gorgeous. It makes me wish I had an upcoming trip to Italy so I could visit this place! And the story wasn't so bad either.

Places I'd like to visit (or revisit)
-Lake Como, Italy
-Switzerland
-Venice
-Napoli
-Nice/ the South of France
-Greece
-Spain
-Morocco
-Denmark, Sweden, Estonia, Russia

We could probably cover the Mediterranean on a cruise ship--I think that would be amazing! We'd have to do the northern countries on a separate trip. Oh, and I also want to go to Australia. Better start saving.

Anyway, back to reviews. I'm also reading a book called The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted by Elizabeth Berg. It is a collection of stories and I'm really liking it. There were a couple of unnecessary swear words and a few lewd references, but this woman really understands food and I identify with her writing/humor in a lot of ways. It's enjoyable, and you only have to read one short story at a time if you want to.

I also read the final Emily book in the Montgomery series and enjoyed it. It's the kind of book I'd buy for my 12-14 year old daughter I think.

I read a few other books from the library but I don't think they're really worth mentioning. I didn't love them.

P.S. I walked to the Provo library for some exercise. It wore me out! It will be interesting to see how well I can handle exercise after a baby. Thankfully, only 29 pounds gained at this point. My doctor says I ought to have a shirt made that says I am 5'4'' and weigh that at 9 months.... anyway. He applauds me every appointment and makes me feel pretty good about not overdoing it. He gave me a warning at about 6 or 7 months that really freaked me out--I guess it's really easy to pack on pounds at the end. (Instead, I indulge myself in foodie books that describe all things delicious HA!)

P.P.S. We have a bassinet set up now next to the bed and it makes me all the more excited!! Can't wait for her to come! I am just waiting.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I read the Emily series years ago. I need to get them for my oldest daughter.

Chelsea Stewart said...

My dad just got back from Italy and he said Lake Como is the most beautiful place he's ever been! He even swam in it :) You can ask him all about it next time you see him. Hope you're doing well and hope to see some baby pics soon!!