Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Living the single life

I'm spending a lot of time as a single mom these days. Raimo is working a lot. I don't know how so many women in the world do it and work full-time jobs too! It is hard to be the only parent, not to mention it is kind of lonely. Rose has an early bedtime of 7 pm and I love it! But then I don't know what to do with myself in the evenings. Well that's not totally true. I take my time making dinner, taking my time eating it and really enjoying it (as opposed to wolfing down my food while simultaneously trying to feed the baby). I do a little yoga, and I daydream and listen to music and maybe watch some shows. So. That's what I'm up to these nights. Other than that, just did 5 loads of laundry today. It was a lot of work!

It is really really weird to be by myself. I have noticed that when I am totally alone I feel really nostalgic.

1 comment:

Sabrina Gardner said...

I agree, and I think it's pretty hard too. I feel like I spend more time on blogs and facebook when I'm lonely. I hate that feeling. Matt's been busy too, and I've been trying to get out more to try to meet people and make contact with adults, but then things happen that make it hard. Like today at the library, Beth kept running away and Russell was screaming because he was hungry and I spilled his food all over, and then I went home feeling frustrated and like the other moms there were judging me... agh... not really a fun experience or a good way to make friends. Thanks for letting me vent. :) What's Raimo's work schedule like? Does he still sell insurance? We should probably talk to him if he does since we're looking for some life insurance (if he sells it...).