Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dating Diaries 13

My first date with Raimo was to a Vocal Point concert at BYU. I think we doubled with his brother Risto. I remember I wore a little floral print dress, jeans, and teal flats. Afterward we went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream (Raimo and Risto are both lactose intolerant actually...) I don't remember many details. I feel really sad that I don't remember much of our early dating. I just remember that from the beginning I was very attracted to Raimo and was excited to be with him. I actually wrote about all of our dating, engagement, and wedding in great detail in my journal, then lost it shortly after we were married. Four years later, I am coming to terms with the fact that I will never find that journal--I think I lost it on campus, and it is gone for good. I wish I could revisit all of those wonderful feelings. I even wrote in it on our actual wedding day after our temple sealing! I have to remind myself that what I do and feel now is just as important, but for a girl that likes reminisce about the past and dream about the future, the present is usually a little lack-luster.
We continued going on dates throughout fall semester. Raimo would regularly bring me diet cokes and reeses cups and roses. Something that made me love him even more was the fact that he'd also bring a rose for each of my roommates, who weren't dating anyone at the time. It speaks volumes about the kind of person he is and why I fell in love with him. His kindness is one of the qualities that makes him an especially wonderful father. Needless to say, my roommates were big fans of Raimo!
Now that I think about it, we went quite a while before having our first kiss. It happened on Valentines Day...

2 comments:

Sabrina Gardner said...

That is really sweet to remember people who normally get looked over. That's a really great quality! :)

I can imagine that losing a journal with those early memories would be really hard for me. I started an electronic journal that's online (just a google doc), and at least I can access it from anywhere in case something happens. Matt and I dated and got married so quickly, and I wrote every day and it's fun to go back and remember every day. "You remember the Wednesday we were dating..." Haha, I used to think people that got engaged so quickly were really weird, and now it's us! :)

Risto said...

Wow that was forever ago.