Saturday, February 9, 2013

Lately

Here's a little update on life. Raimo is working at New Horizons selling IT software training programs to businesses. It's only been a week. The commute is a little bit too long, but he's being a good sport about it. Hopefully the job will develop into something really great or at least add to his experience. I get up in the mornings with Rose around 6. We have breakfast and watch tv. I have totally been slacking on running- just don't feel like it, plus I have a cold. Then we do bath time for Rose, and I read scriptures while she is occupied. Then get her dressed and distracted with a basket of bracelets while I shower. The daytime is not super exciting around here. Sometimes I do errands with my mom or go out to lunch, sometimes just hang out at home. If I am being productive Ill do a craft or clean something. I just finished two books: 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman, which I really really liked, and These Things Shall Be for Thy Experiemce by Neal A Maxwell, which taught me a lot. I haven't been in the reading mood lately- sometimes I get in the groove and I can read for hours, but lately I have had trouble just sitting down and focusing.
I have, however, been watching more tv, which may not be a good thing. I watched all of the seasons of Downton Abbey and enjoyed it very much. I love Mr Bates. and the grandma. And Cybil (sp?) and i love hoping that Matt and Mary will one day finally be together!! I'm watching the Bachelor, which is a stupid as ever and also highly entertaining to me. Also a few episodes of Modern Family. That show makes me laugh.
I still listen to a lot of music. It makes life better. I have been listening to a lot of groovy 70s stuff, 80s love songs, classical, smooth jazz, etc. I just can't get enough music in my life. It makes me happy. Ive had this really nostalgic vibe for the past few months and nothing quite hits the spot like the right song.
I've also started teaching voice lessons to a couple of little girls in our ward. I am loving it!!!! I want to get more students. I'm guessing there's a demand for it since no one else teaches in the area.
I tried out for a show this month that I was really hoping to make. It got down to 2 of us girls for the lead role and they had us read and sing at the callbacks for hours. They went with the other girl! Happens pretty much every time when I'm going for the lead. I do kind of like the fact that nobody knows me--I have literally nothing on my résumé, so I get this little shock factor that I'm relatively good yet have no experience. The producer at this last audition said after I sang, "who ARe you and where have you been?" Haha. I'm just grateful to have made it that far. I'm trying out for another one in a few weeks so wish me luck. I'm feeling good about it! I really miss performing.
One thing I do love is having a piano again. It feels so good to play whenever I want to!
Lastly, Rose loves to swing and be outside. We are lucky to have gorgeous weather ( well it did rain yesterday) and I certainly am enjoying it. It does a lot for my spirits! I also am loving being in my hometown. It makes me happy going to all these familiar places and driving these familiar streets. With no snow on them! Lucky me!
Oh. And I got bangs.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to hear what you're up to! Jan and Feb have been crazy, but I would love to get together sometime. Even better, come to a show you're in!