Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Scripture journal

When I do scripture study, I've started copying verses that stand out to me into my journal and writing why it affected me that day. It's made it a little more interesting, and it's nice looking back to see what inspired me. Granted, I only get around to doing this a few times a week, but I'm really liking it. 

In college I sang a lot of sacred music, and I love when I come across a verse that I sang in a song. The music comes right back to me, and it's like the scriptures are singing to me. It is even more meaningful. I'm pretty clueless about where most of those verses are located, so when I find one it feels like a real treasure. I could try to share one, but it wouldn't be as great without the song to go with it. 

Here are a few I wrote down the other day:

John 13:8-9
 "Jesus answered him, if I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me. Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only , but also my hands and my head."

1 Nephi 8:24
"And they did press forward through the mist of darkness, clinging to the rod of iron, even until they did come forth and partake of the fruit of the tree."

John 15:7 
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."




No comments: