Monday, August 10, 2009

And I'm feelin' good

I am finishing summer term on Wednesday. I'm feeling strangely relaxed and nonchalant about everything.
The last couple of weeks were really poor weeks. Somehow a lot of checks went through at once. . . or something like that. And then of course we went on vacation . . . and sort of bought some new outfits for a wedding . . . and some birthday stuff. It was all worth it, but we were a little concerned. So we tried not to worry about it. Basically, that is how we work now. And things worked out! Amazingly, we got invited to dinner at some friends. And another friend decided to go on a carb-free diet and so he passed on all his carbs to us, thank you! And we went out to dinner with Raimo's parents one night, and to their house another night, and out to dinner with my grandma and aunt another night. So basically we have been eating despite our lack of funds. In fact, we have a lot of food in our fridge. The ironic thing is . . . we're going on yet another vacation this weekend. I was sitting at work wondering how on earth that was going to happen. And then while rummaging through my purse I found a card with some cash in it that grandma slipped to me on our last visit. And then I knew everything was going to work out. Does this happen to anyone else?? Because it happens to us all the time!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

happens to us. all the time. kinda creepy crazy. But it is God. I know it.

The Greens said...

That's what you get for getting married! Big man upstairs is watching out for you guys. We've been pleasantly surprised quite a few times at the end of the month when things were looking grim. It is an amazing thing.

Karissa said...

It happens to us too. Just when we think there's no way we're gonna make it, somehow something happens and we slide by. It's pretty amazing. I like to think of it as tithing and righteousness blessings