Thursday, January 27, 2011

16 Weeks

I cannot believe I am 4 months today! I hardly feel pregnant sometimes, and I don't have much of a baby bump. The fatigue is still there to remind me, though. And I still eat all the time. I find out the gender soon, and I think it will help me connect with the baby a little more knowing if it's a he or a she. I am so excited for that moment (and to not have to call the baby 'it')! Here are the stats I got this week:

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Ok now I am craving avocado. With tomato on a really good sandwich. Really, I don't think my baby is that big. Maybe that long, but an avocado is just so round. At my first appointment, the doctor actually moved up my due date because baby was bigger than normal for 8 weeks (it was a whole inch long, and one ounce I think) and therefore further along. So he bumped me to 10 weeks and moved my date from July 20 to July 14. I am curious to see if my baby is still growing fast, or if that 2 week bump has put it behind at all. Who knows. I just hope it comes sooner than later because I am really just excited to hold it.

P.S. No one at work knows I am pregnant. It is fun still having a secret, but then again I want to tell everyone so I can talk about it!

P.P.S. I am so excited! I think about it all the time!


3 comments:

Janice said...

I loved finding out the gender of my babies. It did help us connect to him/her. Sigh. Sad I am past that phase.

G'ma said...

I think it's great that no one can tell yet that you are pg. When you do announce it everyone will say that you look so great and that you don't even look pregnant! And Raimo will be so proud that you are glamorously pregnant. (instead of all out of shape)
A guy even whistled at my sister Sue when she was walking down the street at 7 mos. along! She was just wearing a loose jacket. She felt very smug.

M.C. Sommers said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! ( I haven't kept up with blogs very well in the last little bit.) Congratulations! That is so exciting!