Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Musicals and Oldies

So I watched South Pacific for the first time last night! I loved it. There were some songs I recognized that I didn't know would be in it. Some Enchanted Evening was soo romantic. I didn't even mind the soft focus and the fake coloring--it was awesome! I loved it. Baby loved it too, I'm sure.

Another thought--I was listening to the oldies radio on my commute home, and they played When the Lights Go Down by Journey. Really--when did 80s and 70s music become oldies? When I was little they played 50s and 60s on the oldies station. It made me feel like an oldie.

3 comments:

Kasaundra said...

Thank you! No one else seems to have noticed the oldies switch! I was so upset when I figured it out. Not that I have anything against Journey...

Janice said...

I love South Pacific. PBS just did one this past year and it was really good and fun. Oklahoma is still my favorite though.

G'ma said...

Bali Hai is plenty beautiful too.
Those wonderful songs from South
Pacific remind me of my youth!