Thursday, March 3, 2011

21 Weeks and growing like a weed (or a carrot?)

We had an ultrasound on Tuesday morning! They are so much fun--I was looking forward to it all month. They took a real good look at our baby and we could look at the parts of her brain, stomach, kidneys, spine, and legs. She was looking really long and skinny--the technician says she will definitely fill out more. Raimo says it's because she has dancers legs... hey we can hope. But chances are she will be a shorty like us. We couldn't get a good look at her heart or face because she was face-down, and for the first time was totally unwilling to move. I said how weird that is because I feel her move all the time these days, and she is always kicking. Our technician was surprised Raimo has felt her kick already since it's still pretty early, but actually a few people have been able to feel her move over the last few weeks.

Speaking of kicks, funny story. I was watching dance videos online later that day with the laptop on my legs for about an hour. Baby started kicking and moving around a TON during this, and was kicking for probably 20 minutes or so. Either she wanted me to turn down that music, or she was really feeling the beat.

So anyway, they measured her skull and all different parts and everything seems to be looking on track. Also, she is 15 ounces, so just about a pound! She is sure growing fast, and I guess we were not at all set back by the two week due date move-up. I am 21 weeks today:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

I love my little kicking carrot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby! I had no idea! That's fantastic. We miss you in BYU Singers. Hope you're doing well.