Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thoughts

I copied this off a blog I read. I really like each of them--I feel like they apply to my place in life right now: (I added the pictures)
  • “The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won’t wait while you finish the work.” – Pat Clifford
  • “If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live” – Lin Yutang

  • “I think the most significant work we ever do, in the whole world, in our whole life, is done within the four walls of our own home.” – Stephen R. Covey
  • “It is a great art to saunter.” – Henry David Thoreau
  • “I haven’t a clue how my story will end, but that’s all right. When you set out on a journey and night covers the road, that’s when you discover the stars.” -Nancy Willard
It is a nice reminder to slow down. I feel like I choose to spend a lot of time sprinting, but this year has really slowed down and I know July and some of the following months will feel very slow after all this busyness. But it is going to be a nice change to saunter. And the last quote is my favorite--I do feel like I'm totally in the dark, but I'm hoping to find something wonderful.

No comments: