Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Haiku and two very silly poems

I would sleep but thoughts
cling to my mind like beetles
that will not shake loose.


I have been a little preoccupied the last few weeks, worrying whether we should move or not and where to and if we should sign any contracts, considering the ultimate goal is to get a job outside of Provo. And still the answer is... I don't know. But we have some things in the works--we'll just have to see. Patience has been the name of the game these last 4 or 5 months.

I ran across this very insightful quote today while packing up some old notebooks:

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."

The keys there are moving forward, being confident, seeking out the life which we have imagined. But is it that easy?

I also found in the same notebook a bunch of my first poems. They are all so whimsical and dreamy...

"Living in a Castle of Sand" by Jessica Contreras

"I want an adventure!" said Maryann to her dear friend , Betty-Liegh,
"Let's move from the city
to somewhere more pretty...
I know!"exclaimed she, "To the sea!"

So they packed up their bags and set off for the coast. The feeling of freedom felt grand.
They took shovels and pails,
not hammers and nails,
and built up a castle of sand!

In the castle they live, eating crabs and squid, and sleep in the sand on the floor.
Their life is quite wild
and shows that a child
can live happy and well on the shore.

So perchance to the seaside you plan to go, remember to look for these girls!
They live in the sun
and have oceans of fun
and wear bracelets and anklets of pearls!



Maybe Raimo and I could just live in a castle of sand. If only I were 12 again :)


One more for fun:

"Fairies"

Blossoms bloom round April-May
and fairies pop right out to play.

They breeze about on fragile wings
like eyelashes a-fluttering.

Their wee voices are heard when'er
a flower is plucked for someone's hair.

They feast on berries, sip the dew,
but always leave some there for you!

3 comments:

Steph said...

very fun :)
Good luck with the unknown future, and BEST with your sweet baby girl!

Jen Jones said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Can't believe you're having a baby soon, miss you too!

Global Future said...

Wow. Fantastic blog.

Love is in the air.

I like your blog.
Keep blogging.

Please visit:
http://baliholiday-view.blogspot.com/

Have a great time.