Sunday, August 19, 2012

Grateful

You know how you don't realize how you love something until it's gone? Well I love that Rose sleeps all night and takes 2 naps.... er... usually sleeps all night and sometimes takes 2 naps. This week was challenging. She cried so much. I'm guessing it was teething, though it seems like it's just one little tooth that's coming in. What's the big deal? There was hardly any fuss with the other 4 teeth. She also had a fever for 2 or 3 days and I had to keep her on Ibuprofen to keep it down. I think she had a cold too. Anyway, without any daytime naps and with being awake much of the night, Rose has been super miserable and so so fussy, making for an impatient mama. I can't remember the last time she was this unhappy-- and for so long! After a few days with no naps, she fell asleep in the car on Friday evening, so I drove around for 2 hours to keep her asleep. She woke up about 5 or 6 times, but kept falling back asleep. I think it helped her a lot because her body was able to relax and get some good sleep later that night too. And yesterday she took another nap in the car, and last night she slept all night. This morning she finally fell asleep in her bed for a nap after much crying and protesting (no naps in bed now for many days--that girl is so stubborn). It makes me grateful. I guess in phases like this you just get through it. I usually write about the happy days, but this is part of parenting too. I haven't done much of anything besides console a baby this week! Thankfully she is feeling better! I love holding her when she's finally asleep. Babies are so precious when they're sleeping, and I finally get to steal some kisses.

No comments: