Monday, May 13, 2013

Can't sleep

It's another insomnia night... and I didn't even have any dr pepper today! But I'm up with my thoughts so may as well blog a bit. Got to clear my head somehow.

We have a big change coming up this month in our family. We're moving to Carlsbad because Raimo landed a sweet job. He has been hoping to do pharmaceutical sales since he was a teenager so it was a pretty exciting thing around here. The interview process is pretty heinous but he did it! It will be a welcome change financially and location-ally :) This means I get to apartment hunt! Normally I love looking for a place to live. I think it's exciting scoping out pricing and amenities and all. But it has been a bit stressful this time. We have it narrowed down, but I don't want to choose wrong! Either way, I'm sure we'll be fine- it's just that a living space is a big deal for a stay-at-home mom! We are excited about the area though. It couldn't be more beautiful or temperate. 
Lately I've been keeping busy with another show in Redlands at Lifehouse theater. It's Three Musketeers and I'm playing Constance. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but also feel I'm getting pushed out of my comfort zone acting-wise, so I guess that's a good thing. We perform every weekend in June. Ill be making quite a commute that month!
I got breakfast in bed today. First time ever! It was nice, and I hope it happens again ;) We also went out for Mother's Day dinner last night at El Torito. I got shrimp fajitas-Sooo good! 
On another note, my parents are giving me one if their pianos! I'm excited ill be able to keep teaching in our new place, plus I'll get to play for fun whenever I want. 
I cried a lot today. I was emotional about Mother's Day and about being a mother and about my mother and such. I tried to keep it under wraps. I love being a mom and feel like I've had a lot of failures this year, but on the other hand I know I'm doing a lot of stuff right too. Raimo and I say to each other every day how wonderful our baby Rose is. Being a parent fills you with awe... All the time. It's so crazy. 
It is so hot in my room right now! What is with 100 degree weather in May?!
Still not tired.
Restless brain! 
One last thing, I need to  get my butt in gear and go running again. I have no excuses left! Might help me sleep if I got exercise once in a while.
I've been reading some fairy tales aloud with Raimo at night. We used to read aloud a lot like 4 years ago. The original Little Mermaid is so different!
Okay, last last thing. I've been without Facebook now for a few months. I miss it! It was terrible giving it up. But I think I am not wasting so much time, and I think I am feeling better too. De-electronic-ing my life is good. It was becoming consuming. At least I've still got Instagram.
Ok wish me luck. Goodnight.

Legally blonde fun

Baby blue eyes who is now surprising me with sentences sometimes 

2 comments:

Sabrina Gardner said...

Hi Jessica! :) It looks like you've been busy! Rose is so cute.

Congrats on the new job! When we were apartment hunting (and picking grad schools) we made a list of pros and cons in terms of different things (like, a nice kitchen, lack of mold (huge problem here where all the houses are very old), ease of access to fun things, parking and nearby traffic, safety, family friendliness...) and then prioritize them. It's kind of a gamble anyway, since you don't figure some things out til you actually move in, and having friendly people around (which you probably won't meet til you move there) makes a huge difference in how you feel about the place anyway.

It's exciting that you'll get a piano! We have loved having a piano the last 2 years, and now a harp the last year. It's great to have access to them without going anywhere. Music is so powerful, and I think can set the spiritual tone for your home. Sometimes when the kids are upset (Beth is 3 and has a lot more temper fits), it's calming to just go play something sweet and quiet and usually in a minute or two, she comes and asks to sit on my lap and apologizes.... she definitely calms down faster with the music than me telling her to calm down. :)

Good luck packing and getting everything figured out. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job and apartment hunting! I always think that sounds like so much fun, but now that we are getting ready to move in August, I don't want to do it! I have cousins and aunts in Oceanside and Carlsbad, so maybe one of these days I will get it together and visit you!