Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UiSfup00uZY

We rewatched the movie The Nativity Story, and wow it is so touching and powerful. It feels a little slow in the beginning, but I think it is a necessary build up of all the evil in the world and of the story surrounding Christ's birth. It captures all the things that Mary and Joseph felt, and shows the desperation of their last moments before finally finding shelter at the stable. The birth meant so much more to me now that I've had my own children. I held them so tightly as we watched. It is an amazing cinematic moment. We had already sung Christmas hymns, got teary singing Silent Night, and read Luke 2, but this really topped off my night and made me so grateful for the Savior descending to a dark world and sacrificing everything. I also felt the sacrifice of his parents, and of others who came before Him. I'm so thankful I live in a safe, comfortable place. I am feeling very blessed and very thankful in my warm home on this Christmas Eve. We also had a special gift that we gave the kids tonight and I'm excited to post about it here soon.

On a lighter note, I can't wait for the children to wake up on Christmas morning- the best fun all year!



No comments: