Thursday, December 3, 2015

Magic babies

Last night I made hamburgers on the stove. They turned out really yummy. The kids actually ate it. Afterward I turned on some jazzy Christmas music and made Raimo slow dance with me in the family room. The children were tugging at our legs and whining at us to dance with them. So eventually we split and I slow danced with Rose and Raimo danced with Finn. The kids were so happy. The lights of the Christmas free lit up their faces in our dark house. We switched around partners. At one point, Rose was dancing on top of my feet and she looked up at me with such happy eyes and her beautiful smile, and I wanted to bottle it up. It makes everything worth it.

When we do things all together, Rose often declares,"I have my WHOLE family!" She loves the wholeness of having all of us together and it's always so sweet and such a good reminder that we are complete together. If she gets to go on a date with mommy or daddy, she is always really concerned that Finn doesn't get to come. And she loves when all four of us are holding hands while we're walking. Children are amazing glue in families 💗 I love mine so much. Babies are magic.

No comments: